Adding ANY Data Source FAILS

Hi, 

I'm unable to add ANY new data source by doing Account Settings -> Sources -> "+ New Data Source

• When choosing "Google" it just returns to the "Add a new data source" screen after I allow permissions for AppSheet to access my google account.
  • When choosing "Apigee API", then after I enter key and source URL (pressing "Validate" goes ok, and after that "Authorize Access" button gets Enabled), pressing "Authorize Access" just returns to the "Add a new data source" screen

I've contacted support (from my company account), they're looking into it. I tried adding sources from my personal account also, the "nothing happens" result repeats.

After these steps no source is added in the "Sources" list.

Does anyone else has issues with adding data source?

Thanks

0 3 150
3 REPLIES 3

If you use a Gmail address as the AppSheet account, by default its Cloud File storage is automatically used as the base datasource.  Attempting to add it again does nothing.  Maybe AppSheet should show a message that you are attempting to re-add the default datasource?   You can add other Google Cloud accounts as additional datasources.

For usage of Apigee as a datasource, you might review this article if you haven't already.  Maybe it has some details needed to set things up?

Hi, 

here are some details of the issue.
The same Apigee data source (let's name it Apigee_A) was added in two different apps a few weeks ago (App_1 and App_2). Both apps did read/write data without issue.

Then, few days ago we wanted to add new (let's name it Apigee_B) source in App_1. At that moment adding new data source failed (as described above). It should have added another source in the "Sources" section of the account.

Interesting facts:
-two weeks ago Apigee_A was added correctly and was in usage, data read/written worked correctly, in both apps
-on Thursday ( 5 days ago) we wanted to add Apigee_B data source (it failed)
-Apigee_A was working correctly on both apps
-then I removed Apigee_A from App_2 and tried to add it again (just to check), and it failed to add the same source that was in usage in that app 5 minutes before that.

So there is obviously some issue with adding data sources process. Even when you try to add source that was in usage in the same app few minutes before that.

I see.  There was another post from Friday of someone who could not  register an Apigee datasource.   Link below but no details yet.  It's likely only AppSheet Support will be able to help.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/can-r-register-apigee-source/m-p/599377#M213883

Top Labels in this Space