Adding Custom Fields to a Calendar Import

Hi there,

I've been struggling with this issue for a little while and wondered whether anyone might be able to shed any light on it for me. 

I'm trying to create an App that functions as an 'agenda' for the day for a senior staff member. It imports meeting data from their Google Calendar which is brilliant. However, what I'm trying to do is, using AppSheets, append custom fields to each row that will allow adding more contextual information or links etc. So as an example, one meeting might be with a job interview and I might want to insert a link to a resume that's visible in the App, but not in the Calendar.  

Adding Virtual Column was my first thought, but that has to be a formula derived from the data being imported. The other possible way to do it might be to in some way duplicate the table derived from the Calendar import into a separate database/Google sheet and then link using the unique row-id REF, but struggling with making that work.  

Any thoughts very welcome!

0 2 558
2 REPLIES 2

@gulliver23 wrote:

However, what I'm trying to do is, using AppSheets, append custom fields to each row that will allow adding more contextual information or links etc. So as an example, one meeting might be with a job interview and I might want to insert a link to a resume that's visible in the App, but not in the Calendar.  

If understanding of your requirement is correct, you could try adding a child table to the main Google calendar table. The child table could have image, file, notes and link columns so that you can upload relevant artifacts as you wish. Then you could add as many related data points to the the meeting as you want.  However, please do note that unlike virtual columns you mentioned, the child table will store all the relevant meeting reference data in the app's backend data source such as Google sheet or whatever backend data source you select.

Below is an example. The related  records  for the meeting has notes and some images uploaded.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1676026256795.png

I know this is pretty old but Iโ€™m looking to do something similar. How would you implement something like this? Right now I have an Appointment table that is not a Google calendar table but now I need to sync to a Google calendar so I need to figure out the best way to do that!

Top Labels in this Space