Adding Detail Link URL to SMS

I am trying to link a URL to the body of an SMS Workflow that opens the app in the detail view of the updated record. I have tried multiple things and even have attempted adding a <<_ROW_WEB_LINK>> and <<_ROW_WEB_URL>> neither of which are working in SMS, but work perfectly in Email. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Solved Solved
0 3 1,266
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I successfully included <<_ROW_WEB_URL>> in an SMS message. I tried this on both an iPhone and an Android phone. In both cases the SMS message was displayed in the message and the URL enabled me to open the application and display the updated row.

I needed to send a relatively short SMS message to stay withing the 160 character message length limit when using the AppSheet Twilio account. If you use your own Twilio account the message length limit is 1600 characters.

I would avoid using <<_ROW_WEB_LINK>> in an SMS message. To the best of my knowledge, most SMS messaging clients do not handle hyperlinks very well.

I have updated the โ€œBodyโ€ and โ€œBody Templateโ€ topics in the following article to describe using <<_ROW_WEB_URL>> in an SMS message.

If you are still having trouble, the Audit History may help as described in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961999-troubleshooting-sms

If that does not resolve the problem please provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The app name
  3. The workflow rule name

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Following

I successfully included <<_ROW_WEB_URL>> in an SMS message. I tried this on both an iPhone and an Android phone. In both cases the SMS message was displayed in the message and the URL enabled me to open the application and display the updated row.

I needed to send a relatively short SMS message to stay withing the 160 character message length limit when using the AppSheet Twilio account. If you use your own Twilio account the message length limit is 1600 characters.

I would avoid using <<_ROW_WEB_LINK>> in an SMS message. To the best of my knowledge, most SMS messaging clients do not handle hyperlinks very well.

I have updated the โ€œBodyโ€ and โ€œBody Templateโ€ topics in the following article to describe using <<_ROW_WEB_URL>> in an SMS message.

If you are still having trouble, the Audit History may help as described in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961999-troubleshooting-sms

If that does not resolve the problem please provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The app name
  3. The workflow rule name

Thank you so much. It worked great. Now the problem I having with this is that when the link is clicked it takes me to some default view that I cannot find anywhere on my editor. Is there a way to choose which view we can go to rather than this default view?

PyramidPlanning-968022
Workflow Rule Name is: Comment Alert

Top Labels in this Space