Adding Multiple Rows to Google Sheet with One Bot

I have a bot set up that triggers when a new record is added. The first process adds a row to a google sheet with certain info. The second and third processes also are set to add rows with different info. Ideally, I want to add multiple rows when a new record is added, each row containing different info. The actions all work, but they add to the same row, so the second action overwrites the data of the first one, and the third action overwrites the data of the second one. I can verify this based on the edit history of the google sheet. Has anyone run into this and know how to fix it? I've tried creating separate bots instead of combining it all into one, but the same issue occurred.

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 6 187
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What column is the key column? How the value is generated? If it creates 3 rows with the same key column value, this happens.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

It sounds like it adds a row with the same key value and that's why it overwrites the existing first row. How have you built your Bot?

The bot triggers when a new record is added. Then I have three separate processes added, each one adding a row to the same table, but with different values in each column.

rphair13_0-1711978070646.png

What column is the key column? How the value is generated? If it creates 3 rows with the same key column value, this happens.

The key column is the New Employee column, which would have the same value for each process, so that is clearly what is happening. Is there a way around this?

Hi, I was able to change the key column and it worked! Thank you for your help!

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space