Adding a filtered view to a dashboard that works with interactive mode

I have a dashboard that currently has 2 views: The deck view and the detail view. My deck view is basically an attendance list that shows me who has โ€œlogged in.โ€ So, if a person has โ€œlogged inโ€ multiple times in the past, they can show up in this list many times.

I want to make a third view in my dashboard that basically shows a filtered version of my deck view. So when I click on an entry on my original deck view, I want this third view (The filtered Deck view) to show me a list of all the times that person has previously logged in.

Iโ€™ve tried many things with little success. Any help would be great!

0 4 308
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Jacob_Peters! Are you familiar with SELECT()? I think SELECT() could be used to make a list of all of the people who have logged. That could be used to make a slice of all the people who have logged in. Then perhaps a ref column work work to show all of the times that person has logged in. Iโ€™m not completely sure that my strategy is right but thatโ€™s what comes to mind. Good luck!

If youโ€™ve already tried some unsuccessful strategies, explaining what you tried here might help other people help you.

Iโ€™m somewhat familiar with SELECT() but Iโ€™m not sure I understand what you want me to do with it and the slice. Can you give me a few more details? Iโ€™m still fairly new to all of this.

Iโ€™ve tried adding an event action that takes me to a filtered view when I click the row, but it didnโ€™t quite work correctly with a dashboard.

Iโ€™ve also tried making a virtual column that shows a filtered list of all the times a given person has logged in. So then I created a slice that only displays that virtual column, and put that sliceโ€™s detail view on my dashboard. This works like I want it to (for the most part), but it does not look very appealing to the eyes.

Hi @Jacob_Peters! Come to think of it, I donโ€™t think you would need to use SELECT() to make a slice โ€“ just the condition part of a SELECT() expression. Sorry for my confusion.

I think we need some help from @Steve or someone else with more knowledge than I have. Iโ€™ve done things that are somewhat similar to what you are trying to do but not exactly the same and I donโ€™t have a lot of experience working with dashboard.

Sorry I couldnโ€™t help. I hope someone else can chime in soon with better information.

Iโ€™m afraid I donโ€™t have enough experience with dashboards to know how to do this.

Top Labels in this Space