Adding a record with form view and having a table with values for take over a selected record

Hi all,

I would like to give an user the ability to have a list of context specific records during entering a new record via a form view. Is that possible? How, because a dashboard cannot have a form view?

Example:

I have to enter in the form view:
Ticket Nr => if cursor is in [Ticket Nr] the table view on the right side shows me all existing records
with [Ticket Nr], click on a record will take over selected fields
Name => if cursor is in [Name] the table view on the right side shows me all existing records
with [Name], if I type โ€œMโ€ alle names beginning with โ€œMโ€ are shown
click on a record will take over selected fields
etc.

Thank you for your help and may be links to best practices or templates

Joachim

Solved Solved
0 2 138
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What you describe is not possible.

AppSheet provides dropdown lists which you CAN implement based on context. Iโ€™ll assume you are familiar with those.

HINT: you can create more descriptive Labels to show in the drop downs by creating a column that concatenates multiple column values together and then using the resulting column as the Label.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

What you describe is not possible.

AppSheet provides dropdown lists which you CAN implement based on context. Iโ€™ll assume you are familiar with those.

HINT: you can create more descriptive Labels to show in the drop downs by creating a column that concatenates multiple column values together and then using the resulting column as the Label.

@WillowMobileSystems Thank you John

Top Labels in this Space