Adding a row to another table without creating a row in the main table

Hello, I'm new to this platform. I've created a form view with the "save" button linked to an action I created, which allows me to add that row to another table. However, I notice that the same row is being created in the main table from which I retrieve the data. This causes issues when scrolling through the various data options because I encounter duplicates. How can I resolve this? Thanks in advance.

0 3 66
3 REPLIES 3

Are you saying that you have a form for a datasource called Table1 and the save button for this form triggers an action to add the data to Table2, but it is also saving the data to Table1? If that is the case, then I don't see where the problem lies, because that is what a form will do. Maybe what you are looking for is from the detail view of Table1 introduce an action that is 'add data from this row to another table'.

For now i solved the problem making a group of action that add the row to another table and delete the same row from the first table. I wish there is a more easy solution

I think you are missing the point. Yes, there is probably a more easy solution. From your description it sounds like you are using a form (presumably an add form vs an edit form?) which adds a row in the current table and your linked save button action creates a row in another table.

Or if you use the same form to add/edit then the duplication would occur in Table2, because the save button action would trigger an add either during create or edit.

Doing an add and delete in Table1 seems completely unnecessary and I would highly suggest providing more detail on your process so someone can properly assist you in establishing a more fitting procedure.

Top Labels in this Space