Adding locations to an prexisting inventory management app

Hey all, I've recently created an AppSheet to track inventory levels for various equipment I distribute to users at my site. The Appsheet has been very useful, and now my colleagues at other sites are asking for their own copy of my app. 

Rather than simply cloning my app, I was hoping to incorporate different locations to track the inventory levels across each set. 

Ideally, launching the app would show you the total count of each item, and selecting a specific item would break down the totals at each site, which can be added to or reduced. 

I know this is possible but having a hard time figuring out how. 

My AppSheet currently consists of two tables:
Items- Fields: Item ID, Name, Category, Image, Amazon purchase link
Inventory- Inventory ID, Item ID, DateTime, Amount

I'm thinking I would need to add a new table for location, but not sure how to correlate that info to the current inventory. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated! 

0 1 89
1 REPLY 1

So the simple way would be to:

1. Create a table called Location with all the required fields
  2. Add this to appsheet and setup all your locations
  3. Add a column called EXACTLY [Location] in the Items table, regenerate the columns
  4. Appsheet will see that this new column matches an existing table name an presume you want this as a Ref column to the other table
  5. This will then set Location as the partent table of Item
  6. Finally, for your existing location, copy the data from Location[KeyColumn] to everything in Item[Location]
  7. All your items are now associated with that location
  8. From here on navitgate into the location and add your items from here

Not a 100% sure exactly how you Item and Inventory tables work together.  Presuming that Inventory is the daughter table of Items

Simon@1minManager.com

Top Labels in this Space