Adding multiple data entries cell in a single row.

Iโ€™m new to AppSheet and have been building an inventory management app.
I am facing a problem of entering multiple data entries under the same material. Suppose I have a table containing 4 columns " Material, Quantity, Serial Number, and Image". For example, this is my data "Red LED module, 2" in column material and Quantity respectively. Since there are 2 quantities I want to add two serial numbers and 2 images for it. like if it had been a spreadsheet, in row 1 I would have added two data in both columns and then merged them such that it is only one row but 2 data. Iโ€™d like to know how I can achieve this.

0 5 65
5 REPLIES 5

It sounds like you are looking for a parent & child relation. Then it doesn't matter do you have two quantities or more.

Please elaborate on how I can achieve that.

Create 2 tables, one table called Incoming Goods and the other table called Incoming Goods List. In the Incoming Goods List table, add 1 special column of type Ref which refers to the Incoming Goods table.

So in the 1st table, there will be only the Material name and quantity column, and in the 2nd table, I'll have a type ref column where serial nos. and images related to that material will be stored?  
But how will I add the serial numbers according to the quantity? 
I'll need an option to add multiple serial numbers in my entry.

Are you able to add one serial number in one child record?

Top Labels in this Space