Adding multiple images from 1 form

Question: I have a property inspection app that has an ImagePost table. I want the users to be able to easily add multiple images to the same property without having to click as much as they currently do. I do not want to add additional columns to my table. Is there a way to add a button to the image form that allows more images to be added? Or some way to loop the action? Or any other ideas?

Current setup: The ImagePost table is set to allow multiple images at the same property by combining the property_id and timestamp to create a unique id. The user accesses the ImagePost table through an action, Add Image, which linkstoform from the GetView.

Add Image ActionAdd Image Action

GetView TableGetView Table

Image FormImage Form

ImagePostView TableImagePostView Table

Problem: Too much clicking. These are the steps the user currently has to go through to add an image to a property. After saving the image, the form returns to the Property_detail view (image 1) and everything must be repeated to add an additional image.

Step 1Step 1

Step 2Step 2

Step 3Step 3

Step 4Step 4

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions!

Solved Solved
0 8 646
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Check out these options:

Marc_Dillon_0-1694713546666.png

Marc_Dillon_1-1694713552601.png

And this one could potentially remove step 3:

Marc_Dillon_2-1694713554798.png

View solution in original post

If you want to pass a value forward, using LINKTOFORM as a form save action is a great way. Don't use auto re-open if doing that. And a navigation form save action will override any "finish view" setting.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Check out these options:

Marc_Dillon_0-1694713546666.png

Marc_Dillon_1-1694713552601.png

And this one could potentially remove step 3:

Marc_Dillon_2-1694713554798.png

Thanks for your suggestions. Auto re-open looked promising, but I don't see a way to use that and carry the PropertyInspectionId over from the previous image form. 

Situation: I'm currently testing using LINKTOFORM("Images", "PropertyInspectionId", [PropertyInspectionId]) Action on Image Form Save. (Looking at this post for reference: Auto-Reopen - Google Cloud Community)

Problem: The UI is working how I want, allowing me to add another image immediately, but based on the error I'm getting when trying to sync, the Id does not seem to be carrying over properly. 

03ddfd45-455d-4583-84aa-60c1c271bf84.png

Question: How does the "Finish View" affect the Action on Form Save? Am I carrying over the Id's between forms improperly? Is it possible to stack LINKTOFORM actions like I'm trying to do?

Action 2: Add Image 2Action 2: Add Image 2Action 1: Add ImageAction 1: Add ImageImage Form bottom halfImage Form bottom halfImage FormImage Form

If you want to pass a value forward, using LINKTOFORM as a form save action is a great way. Don't use auto re-open if doing that. And a navigation form save action will override any "finish view" setting.

Thank you!

I'm wondering if you have any idea why "PropertyInspectionId" is not being passed forward? Is there something specific I'm missing in the Add Additional Image Action so that the new form is passed the "PropertyInspectionId" from the previously saved form? To be clear, the goal is to add multiple images to the same table, 1 image per form, passing along the same "PropertyInspectionId" upon form save.

ErrorError

Add Image Action: LINKTOFORM("Images", "PropertyInspectionId", [Id])

Add Image ActionAdd Image Action

Add Additional Image Action: LINKTOFORM("Images", "PropertyInspectionId", [PropertyInspectionId])

Add Additional Image ActionAdd Additional Image Action

The linktoform expressions look fine.

How are you running the 1st action?

Maybe the data types don't match? Like if [id] is Text, but [PropertyInspectionId] is a Number, it won't accept a text value and maybe would end up as null??

When you "test" the expressions, do you see a non-null value in the outputted deeplink?

What data source are you using btw?

I am running the first action through a button (Display prominently). 

First ActionFirst Action

The [Id] is a Number. [PropertyInspectionId] is a Ref: REF_ROWS("dbo.InspexImagePostView", "PropertyInspectionId")

They are the same data type in my database which is why I don't get an error when using the first Add Image Action. But for some reason it's not working for the Add Additional Image action (creating a new record but passing value into same column so I don't think it would be an issue of data types.)

When I test the expression, it seems to be working: The "PropertyInspectionId" is not null. 
Test deeplink.png

My data source is SQL Server.

@addienaon wrote:

[PropertyInspectionId] is a Ref: REF_ROWS("dbo.InspexImagePostView", "PropertyInspectionId")

Why did you tell me the REF_ROWS there?

It sounds you have set a column as mandatory in your database but not in the app.. that's why it won't accept NULL.

Top Labels in this Space