Adding new columns without causing syncing errors to users

I am trying to add 3 new columns to a table and then regenerating its structure and everything seems fine in the editor. However, all users can not sync and keeps saying the scheme has 16 columns however table has 19 columns. I paused tha app and tried multiple times and issue still occurs. I made sure no one has unsaved changes or been using the app and the issue still occurs. can anyone help me here please?

Solved Solved
1 2 122
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @ahmedsameh990 

If you are changing the app structure, all users need to have the last version of the app loaded on their device.

You may need to check the option in Behavior>Offline/Sync>"Sync on start", and make sure everyone sync the app before using the app again.

If your issue is about getting the last update made by your users (changed that are currently stuck on queue on their devices), I suggest you read this:

Errors and warnings during Sync - AppSheet Help

or these threads :

Solved: How to treat datas after synced fail? - Google Cloud Community

Solved: How to update column type without losing Un-Synced... - Google Cloud Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @ahmedsameh990 

If you are changing the app structure, all users need to have the last version of the app loaded on their device.

You may need to check the option in Behavior>Offline/Sync>"Sync on start", and make sure everyone sync the app before using the app again.

If your issue is about getting the last update made by your users (changed that are currently stuck on queue on their devices), I suggest you read this:

Errors and warnings during Sync - AppSheet Help

or these threads :

Solved: How to treat datas after synced fail? - Google Cloud Community

Solved: How to update column type without losing Un-Synced... - Google Cloud Community

Thank you so much

Top Labels in this Space