Adding new table column

Hi All!

Have managed to go a month without asking any questions but now im stuck! Should be an easy one hopefully just me being an idiot!

Have added a new column to a table in my inventory management app. It is for scanning a barcode, I already have a column for this called โ€˜ISBNโ€™ and this one is a replica except the name is โ€˜ISBN 2โ€™. However no matter what I do I cannot get this to appear when I am editing or adding new items. Anyone got any ideas as to something I may have missed, have tried adding another column and again, if I add it in the spreadsheet it comes up under Data/Columns but not in the actual app.

Any ideas much appreciated!

0 5 146
5 REPLIES 5

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Carbretta

Welcome to the community !

Try that:

Then check this is ticked below, at the line for โ€œISBN 2โ€:
3X_2_b_2b9e609acf1dc1d884b7c8f9436075a022bdac6f.png

Thanks for the quick reply Aurelien!

Yeah have done that (Tried again just incase) but still no luck. Have attached picture, the column that is โ€˜ISBNโ€™ shows on the view screen and is editable in the form when adding new items. But โ€˜ISBN2โ€™ doesnโ€™t appear in either, even if I manually input data into the spreadsheet

Ok.
So in the view options of this form, I think you restrained the columns you wish to be displayed.

If you go in the items_Form UX panel, you will probably have to check the View Options/Column order.

Can you confirm ?

Got it!

Thank you so much for your help. As suspected me being an idiot! Under UX views I didnt realise the forms where under โ€˜System Viewsโ€™ which is hidden by default. I wondered why I couldnโ€™t find the form data!

Thanks Again

You are welcome

Top Labels in this Space