Adding the same task to multiple references at once

Hello,

I built a CRM app that has "Households" as well as "Tasks".  I am trying to think of a way to add the same task to all of the households at once instead of adding a task to one household at a time.

Currently, the task is linked to the specific household as the "Ref." When I add a new task, it only allows me to select one household to link the task to. Is there a way for me to add an option where I could select multiple households or all of the households to assign the same task?

ThanksScreenshot 2024-04-19 4.43.09 PM.png

Solved Solved
0 5 128
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That reference was very helpful. Thank you. I also found a way to have this information automatically added to the household tasks list by Looping. Here is the video I found on YouTube that was very helpful in explaining how to Loop in AppSheet. 

https://youtu.be/oN4MokOE-jI?si=otbf1MAy9nb0pWmJ

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Making it an Enumlist of ref will allow you to select multiple households. 

You'll also see select all option.

Thank you. I didn't realize you could make the data type an Enumlist and then also add the options to be from a ref. It worked when I made this change but instead of listing all of the "Households" as options to multi-select, it only gives back "Households" that currently have assigned "Tasks". Any thoughts to as why Appsheet might be filtering it this way?

No idea. Have you done any configuring besides setting the type (ENUMLIST, ref, specifiy table)?

You may need to set up "Auto Compute" -> "Suggested Values", as described in the last update in Enumlist from a ref column

That reference was very helpful. Thank you. I also found a way to have this information automatically added to the household tasks list by Looping. Here is the video I found on YouTube that was very helpful in explaining how to Loop in AppSheet. 

https://youtu.be/oN4MokOE-jI?si=otbf1MAy9nb0pWmJ

Top Labels in this Space