Address field error

Hi,

I have an address type column and two days ago it stopped picking the address, it just behaves like a text column.

Has anyone else noticed this? 

0 15 279
15 REPLIES 15

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What do you mean, "it stopped picking the address"?

Autofill / give options of addresses matching the values entered / google maps behaviour when you search for an address

And you're sure the column is still of the Address type? It didn't get changed to Text or some other type?

I  thought about the same thing.

I have changed to text and back to address to see if it's going to fix it but nothing

That is odd. I encourage you to engage Support for help with this.

Do you find it's working in some contexts but not others, for example, working in browser but not on Android, or iOS? Or working in some apps or view types but not others? I'm not aware of any changes that should affect this, and when I try it myself I'm seeing the suggestions dropdown.

....and now it works again...and I did nothing to fix it

I know nothing of the back-end details, but I wonder if it has something to do with the amount of recent activity your account has with Google Maps. Perhaps your account had reached some daily or monthly limit?

Is there such a thing?

I am thinking might have been my PC.

Hasn't been turned off in a very long time and I did restarted it.

I mean, that's the Worldwide solution given by most IT departments, isn't it? 😂😂

Yes, Google does have limits.

I probably do 30 to 50/ day at the very most.

Feels like a low limit if that is so

Actually, I ran into similar issue. Address field in Desktop preview mode does not capture the address.

It was working fine till two days ago.

Mobile mode is not affected.

Disabling desktop mode helps and restores functionality.

Desktop View is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

In Preview: New UI design for desktop users

Thanks, Steve. 

I'm happy to open up an old thread.  I have the same issue on my address box and also the details view.  It used to work where when I started typing in a location it provided suggestions, now it doesn't, and in the details page I used to just have a little map that showed the location, now it doesn't.  Did something happen with Appsheet where I have to have google maps account?  Please help

Top Labels in this Space