Adjusting Counting Down Records

I added this expression to the Display Name of my View to make a countdown of the records. Every time a check-mark is applied, the number goes down.

"Records ("&(COUNT(SELECT(Records[GROUP], true))-COUNT(SELECT(Records[GROUP],[CHECK]="Yes")))&" "Left")"

However, some of my users only need records from some rows. Those records all have the same number in the GROUP column. โ€ƒ

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 10.11.37 PM.png

So I added a slice view with only Records from GROUP 16.

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 9.41.10 PM.png

This GROUP only has 30 records. However, of course, my expression is for ALL of the records on my sheet so the number is still 164. Does anyone know if anything could be added to this expression to make it adjust please?

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 9.40.11 PM.png

0 2 41
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

You may want to clarify if you wish to display 16 in place of 164 ( in the app header) or 164 in place of 16 ( in the group by heading) or something else you are looking for.

Also please share if you have different views created for those who want to see only Group 16 and others who need to see other groups as well.

In general using the slice name in your expression in place of table name should help?

THE SLICE NAME!! Woooow! That was it! I totally overlooked that. Can't believe it was that simple. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

(So for clarification: 16 is just the Group that a set of addresses belong to. Due to my expression, the number in the header is dynamic. It goes down for each check mark applied. "Records" is my view with ALL of my records. However, I needed to use my slice name instead: "Records Group". Now the number says displays the amount of records in GROUP 16, which is 30.)

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.19.23 AM.png

Top Labels in this Space