Admin Label

Hello everyone again, I have another question.

I'd like to create an app where I have preloaded data that everyone can use but is only available to those users who choose, through an in-app choice, to load those items.

It could be, for example, a list of products that already exist, but to avoid double entry and save the user time, I prefer to upload them myself and make them available. In case I don't want to see the pre-loaded products, I have a button that allows me to hide them so I can load them manually.

For example:

Upload Button Active

Products Table

-Coca Cola (Added by ADMIN)

-Pepsi (Added by ADMIN)

-Crush (Added by ADMIN)

-Soda 1 (Added by me)

Load Button Inactive

Products Table

-Soda 1 (Added by me)

Let's suppose that I launch a behavioral action, with a button in a view called configuration, where the user can activate or deactivate it and that this action says "Load APP Elements", it would happen that I check said button and that action it is reflected in my App, but it is also changed for another user, when I only want it to change for me.

0 3 57
3 REPLIES 3

What does the "Load APP Elements" action do?

Hi Mark, let's suppose that I have a series of products that exist and that they are values that I can load in a google sheet table, with the [userid]="PUBLIC" so that all the elements loaded with the id = PUBLIC are visible to everyone, but elements uploaded by users are only visible to users. This way I can speed up the loading of items so I don't have to force users to load items one by one.

In an app for financial control there are what are called "Categories" and those categories are preloaded and others can be loaded, even in some apps the categories that are loaded can be deleted. I only intend to hide them for the convenience of some users.

You could for example use security filters on optional tables, where the security filter expression would depend on a flag value in a Flags table, and this value in turn would be set by the action button. 

See this short video please: https://youtu.be/N485dHeayls, it contains the same concept that I used to show/hide views. You could do the same with security filters. 

Top Labels in this Space