Advance forms automatically options?

Are there ways to tweak the way forms automatically advance?
I’ve enabled the option but noticed that if the next column is pre filled i.e. with an initial value then the form does not advance correctly.

0 4 963
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

What would you want to do? Skip over the ones that are already filled?

A hack of a solution is to hide the fields that have already been filled - but then you run into certain problems with having a field hidden.

One way I’ve tackled things of this nature is to put a show if condition of isblank([_this]) - but then you run into the problem of what happens when you want to edit that later.
A solution here is to create another column that’s a master control, where you can have two settings:

1. Show
  2. Hide

Then in your show if, you use an or statement like this:
Or(
[Master_Control] = “Show”,
Isblank([_this])
)

Like I said it’s a bit of a hack, but I found it to be extremely helpful in streamlining forms.

Thanks @MultiTech_Visions

I want the user to essentially edit every field, the initial value is just to guide them or guess what the result will be.

So what would you like to happen?
Or I guess the better question, what is NOT happening that you wish was?

Sorry @MultiTech_Visions

A user will select the first drop down, and select an option.
If the second field contains data the form will not proceed automatically.
If the second field is empty the app will provide the user with a way to fill it out. (could be drop down list, time, calendar depending on the field)

I would like the app to open up the contextual menu for the next field wether or not the field is empty.
If the next field is an enum I want the drop down list to show up, or the calendar if the next field is of date type.

Top Labels in this Space