Advanced REPORTS Dashboard to select Which Tables, or at lease which Rows and Columns to include

How can we create a REPORTS dashboard where we can dynamically select different types of reports we want to generate for different tables, and be able to select which rows and which columns should be showed in the report.. Or have some of these functionalities at least...

I know how to use the advanced/dynamic dashboards that Matt from @MultiTech and @QREW_Apps  Have demonstrated.. But I'm wondering if we can take it further and do the above.

0 9 170
9 REPLIES 9

@Muhammad_Salooj wrote:

dynamically select different types of reports we want to generate for different tables

Define the various views you want to make available, and give each a Show_if condition that references a preference set by the user just like you define filter conditions for each view's data.

@Muhammad_Salooj wrote:

select which rows and which columns should be showed in the report

I think this is not possible.

Sorry, to clarify what I meant by "Dashboard" was to have one view where (from that view) we can generate reports in email, file or downloadable format for REPORTS that are NOT only for this table but might be for OTHER TABLES in the app.

I'm thinking along the lines of having a Reports table and then criteria.. But how? 

Define conditions in your template that reference the preferences selected by the user. For example:

• Create a column for the user to select the column to sort by, and then use an IF or IFS function within your template to determine the sorting column based on the user's selection in that "sort by" column.
  • Create an enumlist column for the user to select which columns to include in the report and then use an IF or IFS function within your template for each eligible column that references whether that column is IN the list selected by the user.

I think this would highly likely work for a CSV file, but don't have enough experience with visually formatted files like PDF to know whether there are critical pitfalls in those cases.

Genius! Thank you so much! I think this will probably get the exact results I'm trying to achieve!

Much appreciated! 

Kind of like how a normal computer POS app will have a section where you can generate different reports for Sales, Items, Users commissions, year to year Sales, Month to month sales.. Employee Working hours, Employee Leave Remaining, Etc.. 

As I see it, you expect too much from too little.
You can build what you want but that will need ingenuity from you.

It's easy to make a certain set of reports available for your users, but those are going to be made by you beforehand, they cannot create something that is not available in your apps.

Hope you understand what I mean

Not actually.. I've done a lot of work from what I'm learning (and love learning from all the amazing community members)

I just want to find out if perhaps someone can think of a hack for this.. 

I've got a video, with a corresponding sample app, that shows how to create a reports table.

It's basically a query builder, that lets you spit out a report based on the criteria you select.

https://youtu.be/WJuy-UMXvo0

Perfect! Implemented this, - Now can we use something like this to (instead of selecting which rows are filtered and shown), select which columns should be shown in a report depending on what the user wants to output from the report..

I know it would be easier to create different reports,

But for dynamic and future proof use and user experience, I want to know if that COULD be possible. 

Top Labels in this Space