Advanced Show_If statements

I am part of a team trying to build a form that uses conditional logic through Show_If statements to determine whether or not to present the column to the user based on values contained in columns on another table that correspond to a row that matches the value of the column.

We have a table with a list of all of our product features. We are trying to build a form to test each feature based on designated Test Groups and Test Status. How do you build a Show_If formula to present Table 1[Column X] on a form based on the value of Table 2[Parameter 1] = “Show_If Condition 1” and Table 2[Parameter 2] = “Show_If Condition 2” based on Table 2[Feature ID] = “Table 1[Column X]”

• LOOKUP Value of Test Questions All FIDs[Column Name] (ie “G-01: User Registration”) in features[Feature ID]
  • MATCH Test Questions All FIDs[Test Group] User Response in the Form to the value of features[Test Group] in the row features[Feature ID] = “G-01: User Registration”
  • PRESENT COLUMN on the form IF features[Test Status] = “Not Yet Tested” or “Retest Required” in the row features[Feature ID] = “G-01: User Registration” | * Alternative logic * could be PRESENT COLUMN on the form IF features[Test Status] <> “N/A” or “Passed” in the row features[Feature ID] = “G-01: User Registration”
0 7 158
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I’m afraid I can’t make sense of your post.

Yes, my apologies! We are trying to make the most sense we can but are having trouble doing so

I am trying to reword / rework my post to make more sense of it for the community and ourselves.

Please describe what you’re attempting to do, using only plain language. Do not use any AppSheet or spreadsheet terms. Describe the problem as if speaking to someone that doesn’t use computers at all.

Hello Steve, I believe we have figured out what we needed!

We used this… [Test Group]=LOOKUP(“G-01: User Registration”,“Features”,“Feature ID”,“Test Group”)

Well done!

If I understand you correctly, are you trying to create a form dynamically? So if a user is in a given group, they will be given a specific field(s) for them to fill?

Yes, exactly!

I believe we have resolved out issue using this… [Test Group]=LOOKUP(“G-01: User Registration”,“Features”,“Feature ID”,“Test Group”)

Top Labels in this Space