After making some changes in the formulae, the updated values will be visible in the form view but not in the detailed view unless and untill we update that specific row

Hello Team,

Lets say I have a basic student database with their phone numbers. The contact number for Student A is 123 and the Contact number for Student B is 456. And the contact numbers iam pooling from another sheet with respect to student names.

Now the problem is if there is an update of contact number, lets say for student B the contact number is updated to 789, then the updated value is not automatically updating in the detailed view. But the value will be updating when u redit the form and close it, then only the updated value is visible in the card view or detailed views.

The above problem will be simple if the backend data is in Google Sheet. But for me the backend data is in MY SQL Database. So everytime i have to redit the rows for updating the rows.

Please suggest some good ideas to solve this issue

0 1 76
1 REPLY 1

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Sampath_VSS

I think you ran into a classic virtual/real column app formula update issue.
Please have a look here:

You may want to change your real column into a virtual column, then apply your app formula in it.

Top Labels in this Space