After selecting Cancel in a form appsheet defaults to a view that shouldn't be allowed

After selecting Cancel in a form Appsheet defaults to a view that shouldn't be allowed due to show if constraints. Is this  a bug? The view doesn't show otherwise so the show if constraints work outside of this cancel button being selected.

0 11 243
11 REPLIES 11

@noahbeach82 

I deleted my post.

I think that option pertains to columns, not views. 

@noahbeach82, whatโ€™s the expression in your view that you expect to always prevent the view from displaying?

Under the show if constraint - CONTEXT("Host")="Browser"
This works normally. However, after hitting the cancel button it reverts to this view even though it isn't supposed to show. I did a workaround by moving the location of the view so now it defaults to the proper view. 

Hitting cancel should take the user back to the view that they came from. How were they able to get to that view in the first place?

That is what I am trying to figure out. It seems like a bug. 

A view's show_if doesn't make the view impossible to get to, it only hides it from places where it would otherwise be visible. This, in and of itself, is not a bug.

Under what circumstances is this occurrence happening?

By chance, are you intending your app to only have a single view, which is a form? I've built apps like that before, the app has to have somewhere to go that's not the form view under such cases.

Is the "hidden" view in question set as the "starting view"?

I can't remember off the top of my head. However, I didn't realize the show
if was only a hide and not a preventative. That stinks if needing to use to
prevent certain user access.

And, are you observing this behavior besides in the app editor's preview?

Yes. I knew you would ask ๐Ÿ˜‰

Furthermore, the app editor emulator should reflect the proper reality. If not there is no use in in it, and the Appsheet team should work towards fixing it.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Marc_Dillon is correct.

Top Labels in this Space