Allow muliple parts/quantities to be picked in work order

Hi have a work order app with a column in one table called “Parts Used”. The column references a parts spreadsheet. I have it working to I can pick a part used, but I am having trouble figuring out how to pick multiple parts for one work order and how to pick multiple units of each part. Say if I used two of one part, not sure how to make that work. Is there someone that could please point me in the right direction?

0 10 821
10 REPLIES 10

@Wallace_Service
When creating a REF from Parts sheet to Parts Used sheet, you need to set the ref column’s isPartOf property to TRUE. It will create a reverse reference and you will notice a New button in your Parts Used_Form where you can add many Parts data for that Parts Used record.

Hi Levent, so I’m working on implementing this this am. This is how I have it structured. I have two tables, one is a Service Tickets table and one is a Parts table. The parts table is populated with inventory parts. The Service Tickets table has a column labeled Parts Used that references the Parts table. I have the isPartOf property turned on. In a service ticket, I can access a pulldown menu and pick a part pulled from the Parts table. I can also choose a quantity used in the service ticket. There is a New button that allows me to enter a part not in the drop down. Is there a way though, that I can pick multiple parts from the drop down rather than just one?

@Wallace_Service
I’m afraid you can’t use ENUMLIST with references. But we can think of a workaround. Let me think about it a bit.

@LeventK, I’ve been thinking about this a bit and was thinking of using an enumlist based on a dependent dropdown. So pick part category and then enumlist of 30-40 parts per category. My only concern here is that this is hooked to an inventory table. I take it if I remove the reference our inventory numbers will no longer update?

@Wallace_Service
Than your Parts column will be a list and you can always count the occurance with:

COUNT(SELECT(TableName[KeyColumn],CONTAINS([Parts],[_THISROW].[InventoryItem])))

Does this also work for my challenge (“Add Many” records in a one-many relationship) but is possibly related by the need to copy (multiple) rows and add to a table.

I’ve tried the “is a part of” but I didn’t see the ability to create / add multiple “Serial Numbers” in my case.

Is it possible to have a column with a list of references? And if so, how do I adjust some display features so that the list of references be human-readable (e.g. not just the “QsO38ztl” uniqueuid but a label for each item)

@MINCH_Household_Wate
By-nature of the RDBMS, you cannot record a ref’s label to the sheet because then you will loose the connection between those tables. The ref is always the primary key of any table. You can achieve creating multiple rows with triggering AppSheet API thru a webhook workflow rule and it’s easy to accomplish actually regarding what data you want to record to the other table.

Thanks Levent, I will give this a try and let you know how it goes!

Hi all wanted to revisit this to share what I did. It’s not super elegant but works for us. I essentially have the ability for up to 10 SKUs/parts to be added per work order. This could be any number. So 10 columns in Google Sheets for them. Each part column has an accompanying part quantity column. Then in the apps form I have a question asking how many SKUs were used in the job. The # chosen determines via Show If expression how many columns show up in the form. All parts are referenced to a parts table, each part with a barcode so when scanned there is no chance of picking the wrong SKU (and ultimately pulling incorrect part form inventory and billing out incorrect part!). Thanks for all the help with this! I’m quite willing to assist anyone working on something similar!

Top Labels in this Space