Allow user to submit appsheet form only when certain conditions are matched

I have created an AppSheet form to record sales orders. When the user inputs Order Id, he'd see a list of the items sold under that Order ID. Apart from prefilled values, I have created two fields - one is product_scan (this allows a user to scan the product's barcode) and Status (a formula field that would match the items' barcode scanned by a user and the list of prefilled items sold under the order ID. It would return the status "โœ…" if items match and returns "invalid items" if a user has scanned incorrect items. 

Now, I want to allow the submit button to work only when the Status field is "โœ…". If the Status field is "Incorrect Items", and a user clicks on submit button, an error should pop up informing the user "Please add the correct items". 

Can anyone suggest a workaround for this? 

0 1 49
1 REPLY 1

@dhaval wrote:

I want to allow the submit button to work only when the Status field is ":white_heavy_check_mark:"

Please include in the valid_if of Status field [_THIS]="Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1661256146684.png"

@dhaval wrote:

an error should pop up informing the user "Please add the correct items". 

In the valid_if error message of the [Status] field, you could include an error message "Please add the correct items". 

"

Top Labels in this Space