Am I in the right place?

I am not sure if I'm in the right place to build what I need. Below is what I want to do:

1. Create a database to not only hold client information, and client files submitted to us, but also a history of changes made to each clientโ€™s record. I would like to utilize an existing Google Sheet, set up via Jotform, that automatically adds a new row of data each time someone completes our interest form online. 
  2. An interface (app?) that would 
    1. Allow team members to look up a client and make selections from various pre-filled drop-downs. The selections chosen would be entered in the database for that clientโ€™s record. 
    2. Allow team members to look up a client and open files submitted by the client. 
    3. Allow team members to open folders and files we created for the client in Google Drive and edit those files. 
    4. Allow team members to look up a client and enter notes based on a meeting they had with the client
    5. Allow team members to look up a client and enter notes based on an internal meeting with other team members about the client. It would also allow them to select which team members were present during the meeting.
    6. Be synced to Asana so they would be able to assign client-specific tasks to themselves or other team members, and would reflect client-specific tasks assigned when a team member is working directly in Asana.
    7. Be synced with Asana so that while in the database they can view all Asana tasks assigned via the database, or only see tasks assigned for a particular client.
    8. Allow team members to view all instances in the database where they have made an entry, been marked as present during a client meeting, or client discussion meeting. 
  3. Set up automations based on actions taken in the app. 

I discovered recently that I can learn to use Google Scripts to create automations and I assume this can all be integrated with AppSheet? If helpful, I have included three items below from a table I started to hold automations we need.

Note: For #2.1, I need to figure out how to set up a mail merge template and learn how this works with gmail. Hopefully this is something that can be done. 

Automations needed

Action

ActionAction

#

Trigger

If a new row of data is added to Google Sheet, then 

Change Client Status field from empty, to Potential 

Change Update type field from empty, to Consult Form received 

Add time and date to Last updated field.

If X days have passed since time and date showing in any cell of Last Updated column, AND the following condition has been met: 

Secondary Client Status shows Consult Form received, then

Send a Consultation Scheduling Reminder email to client 

Add a record update (not sure how this part works) and change Secondary Status field to display Consult scheduling reminder sent to cell in Secondary Status

Add time and date to cell in Last updated column.

If X days have passed since time and date showing in cell of Last Updated column, AND the following condition has been met: 

Secondary Client Status shows Consult scheduling reminder sent

Add a record update (not sure how this part works)  and change Client Status field to No longer interested

Add time and date to cell in Last updated column.

0 1 60
1 REPLY 1

You probably need to make use of multiple services to achieve all of this. Appsheet can certainly be one of those.

Top Labels in this Space