An Expression Question

The logic for this expression is like: If the product's status is listed, and its category is in the current user's interested tag(an Enumlist column of selection of different categories interested), display this product on the page. But this expression does not work as supposed. Any ideas about how to fix it? Thanks.question.png

Solved Solved
0 6 145
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In your expression, please try to change the LOOKUP( .......) part to 

SPLIT(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), "User", "Email" , "User Interested Tags") , " , ")

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

In your expression, please try to change the LOOKUP( .......) part to 

SPLIT(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), "User", "Email" , "User Interested Tags") , " , ")

I tried it and it works but when I test the data it shows five items has the expression of yes, but only the first four shows up(the one that has expression of yes but did not appear is the second photo uploaded). I wonder what is the problem preventing it from showing up? Refreshing or saving does not work2222.png11111.png

If the expression is returning rows as intended, you may want to look for any other constraints such as show_if, valid_if, slice filter  expression preventing that fifth expected record from appearing in the view.

Edit:  It sounds the expression is returning records for multiple users, if  Bob, Alice are the names of different users as shared in your screenshots. If so, you may also want to check why the records for multiple users are returned in spite of you using USERAMIL() in the expression.  You may want to check expression by breaking it into small parts. So, for example , checking LOOKUP() part first and so on.

Thanks! I figured out that it's because lookup() is returning a random value from the matched list, but I probably want all of them so I switched to select(), which works now.

This might sound silly but how many rows do you have?

The expression only shows items from the first 1000 rows and the 5th item might be lower down so select more than 1000 rows to be displayed. This is a common error made.

Top Labels in this Space