An action is visible that doesn't actually exist anywhere...

Hi everyone,

I'm stumped. My app has an action visible on my main screen titled "Action 3" that doesn't actually exist and doesn't do anything when I click it. I've looked everywhere: behavior > actions (including clicking the button show all). Tried logging out and logging back in... nothing. Any thoughts?

1 10 271
  • UX
10 REPLIES 10

Check automation

I had this just happen to a dynamic email.  An action button showed up that is not in my app.  I posted it here only moments ago:  

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Issue-with-action-step-showing-on-dynamic-email...

Hi @michael12 - Could you provide screen shots of the Action 3?  What UX view type are you using where the Action 3 is showing up?

Here are some screen shots. Thanks in advance...

The main app view (card type). You can see the "Add" action button:

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.06.35 AM.png

After clicking the three vertical dots on the right side. You can see the Edit and Delete actions but also "Action 3".

โ€ƒScreen Shot 2022-08-16 at 9.58.40 AM.png

Here is the UX page with that view:

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.01.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.01.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.01.37 AM.png

Here is the list of all of the actions in the app:

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.02.01 AM.png

@michael12  - I haven't seen this before, on the surface it seems like a simple bug.  I've personally had a few buggy behaviors with Card type views.  Looks like its already been escalated, but in the meantime I would try deleting the UX view and recreating it, this will auto delete the associated system actions and recreate them.  If that doesn't work, maybe try recreating the app.  From the screenshots you provided, it doesn't look like you have a ton built yet which would make it easier to recreate now than later.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

As @MultiTech already said, check your automations.  When you create a process with a run data action step, and you make it reusable, it creates an action. 

But never the less, you should still see it in the Behavior page. Trying using search box in that page.

Thanks for responses ๐Ÿ™. @wheaties I tried deleting and recreating the UX view but still there. @MultiTech and @JPAlpano I don't have any automations. The ghost action isn't there in Deck view so decided just to use that view.

Anytime @michael12!  Glad you were able to figure out a workaround with the deck view,

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This is a bug in AppSheet. I've made the developers aware.

Top Labels in this Space