An error occurred when I set the variable type to an enum in number

When I set values of enum to numbers such as 1 2 3 result in Google Sheet is '1 '2 '3 (there is an excess single quote symbol) but T1 T2 T3 is fine. Is this a bug? or I do something wrong?

0 6 272
6 REPLIES 6

Select the column in Google Sheets, then click Format>Number>Plain Text, and then add another value from AppSheet and see if that fixes it.

Can’t solve the problem Get the same result.

Hmm… I’m not sure what else could cause it but I’ve seen the sheet formatting do this.

Maybe the validation dropdown in the sheet is causing it. You can set the validation in AppSheet, so you don’t have to add it to each cell in the Google Sheet. Try removing validation from the sheet side, and use AppSheet’s Valid_If setting.

Still having the same problem regardless of whether changing to Valid_If or removing the data validation in the Google Sheet. Anyway, Thank you for the answers.

May I ask what’s the real problem? What kinda harm you’re experiencing with your app’s flow with that apostrophe in the gSheet?

There’s nothing wrong here. Numbers formatted as text is distinguished with an apostrophe in the gSheet so that it’s treated as text, not number.

Top Labels in this Space