Another Duration Expression Question - Covert Text Value to Duration?

In the call/contact log app i'm creating, I have added "Text" as a communication method, and I want to duration to automatically be set to one minute if Text is the method.

[Duration] is a "duration" column type.

Screenshot 2022-07-26 10.26.19.png

How do i properly convert the value that i am wanting to the "duration" type? What's the proper method for correcting this expression?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 6 96
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please insert "000:01" in place of "0:01" in the expression.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Please insert "000:01" in place of "0:01" in the expression.

And that worked...... I don't think i ever would have figured this one out, can you explain why this works? I assume the answer is just "syntax," but if you can point me towards the documentation that would have lead to this discovery, i'd appreciate it.

and one more question ๐Ÿ™‚ What is the reason for this error:

Screenshot 2022-07-26 10.49.05.png
What i'd ultimately like to do here is also hide the End Time field if "Text" is selected, and of course, have the duration field accept the assigned value of one minute, regardless of the start time.

Hi @mykrobinson ,

Are you still getting the error as shared in the screenshot? If so , please try ("9:40"-"9:39") in place of "000:01"

Now that you mention this, i'm not sure why it never dawned on me to just enter some math that produced the desired result ๐Ÿ˜‚

I will try that, thank you

You are correct on the syntax part. AppSheet distinguishes duration by an extra "0" 

So  "09:15" denotes  a time value but "009:15" denotes a duration.

Some examples in the article below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1658850758191.png

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107326?hl=en

Top Labels in this Space