Any deeplink to EDIT a ROW with set values for columns, just like LINKTOFORM does to a new row?

Hello guys,

Well, I've been meaning to create an action to edit and prefill some column values in a table in appsheet.

For example, I have a table with orders awaiting payment.

I'd like to create an inline action that will edit that row, prefilling my most common payment method, the date to TODAY(), etc, etc.

LINKTOFORM is amazing as you can pretty much prefill every single column, however, it creates a new row. 

Is there anything like LINKTOFORM, but for EDITS, not NEW ROWS? 

Thanks a lot!

Solved Solved
0 4 189
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is not.

You can replicate most of such functionality with appropriate usage of Initial Value & Reset On Edit. Or you can create a grouped action that first sets the values, then sends the user to the form view (downside of this is that the value edits will remain even if the user cancels the form).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

There is not.

You can replicate most of such functionality with appropriate usage of Initial Value & Reset On Edit. Or you can create a grouped action that first sets the values, then sends the user to the form view (downside of this is that the value edits will remain even if the user cancels the form).

Thanks for the reply, Marc!

I'm sorry to ask, but how do I "reset on edit", and when you say send the user to the form view, would that be the view we get when we click on "edit"? If so, what's the function for that?

Thanks a lot!

Reset on edit is a config option for a column. 

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106509?sjid=2788546496628459258-NA#reset-on-edit

You can turn it on or off, or you can provide an expression to tell it when to reset, for example by using CONTEXT() to only reset from a certain form view.

Top Labels in this Space