Anyone Experiencing Quick Edit funtion not consistent in saving?

I notice that Quick Edit is still in beta, however from the quesions online it appears it has been available for at least since 2021 which has me challenged in understanding the purpose of beta release. 

That being said, I am finding small changes say 5 records updating using a quick edit by the user.  The field being updated is a ref column.   The synch shows 5 records updating.   For about a minute the field remains, then suddenly 2 of the five as an example would suddenly go blank. 

There is no evidence in the Google sheet that these 2 records were stored.

This was brought to my attention by staff using the solution that their entries where not being stored.

I have looked and seen the same result for very basic entries.   I will submit to support to look into, but am asking if this has already been seen and there is a workaround. 

0 3 136
3 REPLIES 3

Worked with Tier 1 support as they were prompt to engage.  They have reviewed and have escalated.   It is demonstratable that every second record is not saved to the data store of a google spreadsheet.

For those who may discover.  Tier 2 support has yet to get back at this time with any details, but I have found out where data becomes a problem to save into a google sheet.  I had in my google sheet a calculated column ( dates that were replicated into different time zones for scheduling on call services).   

These dates were used for the updating Google Calendars for specific global regions and displayed

A virtual column was created to support Day of week.  There is a grouping on this virtual column.

After removing the grouping on the column, data is saved consistently.  When this column is used to group,  records are saved every second record.  In that this is a workaround to get data consistency, this remains a data integrity bug that should be looked into and repaired.   

My conversation with support now is for them to not close it because I disovered why the feature is failing.   

So the outcome from their support even with all my effort to demonstrate the bug to them is to stop using calculated fields in the table.   

The solution is to mask the symptom. 

The calculated field is very rudimentary and critical to the solution especially when it is only used for display and reference for other sources. If Appsheet wants to play in the field of databases, it needs to understand the premiss of Triggers which goes back to the beginning of DBs.  Fumbling business logic is understandable, but damaging data itself is unacceptable. 

The fact that this type of usage creates extremely unexpected behaviour it leads me to believe other elements can easily render the data randomly unusable. 

The tier 2 support has not taken the steps to understand and acknowledge the impact to at least consider for a backlog item. 

Top Labels in this Space