Anyone know how to auto fill a form with the ...

Anyone know how to auto fill a form with the previous entryโ€™s information as a formula for the Initial Value column of the Columns tab? Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s out there, just havenโ€™t figured it out yet.

0 9 3,673
9 REPLIES 9

Also, can I auto-increment a number compared to the previous rowโ€™s number in the same column? In other words, when I submit a form, the initial value of the form the next time I open it is, for some columns, the same value as the previous record, and, for other columns, the previous value + 1.

tony1

@Kolbi_Christianson Check this example: appsheet.com - Most Recent Value - Initialize forms with most recent value

You should be able to extend that example to put a [Most Recent Row].[Some Column] + 1 formula either in the App Formula or Initial Value.

But beware of the limitations of that approach: https://help.appsheet.com/app-design/modeling-tables-and-columns/is-it-possible-to-create-an-increme... Most Recent Value - Initialize forms with most recent value appsheet.com

hi, do you have sample apps for this? im not familiar with [most recent row] expression. is it the same as select expression?

This is perfect thanks!!

Got it to work!

Hi! Is there an update to this question as the linked pages donโ€™t exist anymore?
@tony

Thx in advance!

What are you looking for?

2X_b_b42a297ade7dd2404a9e9f1d2838dbc02ee16e51.png
I am looking for a way how to auto fill a ref-type column in a form with the previous entryโ€™s information.

To give you more background info: I am working on an employee evaluation tool. After an employee has evaluated his performance, the information will pop up at the managerโ€™s deck view (with all of his employees who have filled out their forms). Afterwards, the manager shall give his answer to each evaluation. When I click on the action icon next to one of the employees in that manager view, I still have to choose the employee in my answer form. It would be nice if that field was auto filled depending on my chosen person.

Auto-filled with what?

See also:

Top Labels in this Space