App Formula importing ifs([Payee]="Ace Laser Printer Service","7940", ) from Sheets

Hi in the columns section

I have been using the formula section, but want to know is there a way I can have it pull this information from a google sheet.  I have many apps that i have to manually type this information into the formula.  It would be easier if i can have it point to a google sheet and pull the formula.

Does any know how to make google sheet import into the formula field with the ifs( statement values)

Formula.pngFormula1.pngFormula2.png

Solved Solved
0 4 195
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

No way to import other than Cut and Paste.

However, the best practice approach is to place those address details into the Payee table.  Then when you have an assigned Payee, you can use the references to grab the details.

For instance, if you add to the Payee table columns for Address, Street, State, City, Zip, then when you select the Payee you can populate the address fields with expression like the following:

Address Formula expression = [Payee].[Address]
Street Formula expression = [Payee].[Street]
City Formula expression = [Payee].[City]
State Formula expression = [Payee].[State]
Zip Formula expression = [Payee].[Zip]

These are referred to as "dereferencing" the REF column.

View solution in original post

The Payee table is just a normal table with columns for the Payee Name and Address fields.  I think you already have some such table since your Payee column in the Payable_PV table is a REF type column.

So all you need to do is add the additional columns for the Address fields.  Something like this:

Payee Table

NameAddressStreetCityStateZip
Ace Laser Printer Service??????????
Adobe??????????
Amazon???????? ??
AppSheet??????????
...more...............

When use these table entries as a Ref column, the key column value is what's saved into the Ref column as the raw data.  It is then used as a pointer to the row in the Payee table.  This is how the dereference expressions are able to get the values from the other columns.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No way to import other than Cut and Paste.

However, the best practice approach is to place those address details into the Payee table.  Then when you have an assigned Payee, you can use the references to grab the details.

For instance, if you add to the Payee table columns for Address, Street, State, City, Zip, then when you select the Payee you can populate the address fields with expression like the following:

Address Formula expression = [Payee].[Address]
Street Formula expression = [Payee].[Street]
City Formula expression = [Payee].[City]
State Formula expression = [Payee].[State]
Zip Formula expression = [Payee].[Zip]

These are referred to as "dereferencing" the REF column.

I understand the concept and would like to implement ,  Could you show me an example how i can build and [address] sheet the would correlate with an [payee] sheet.  I just cant visualize how the structure would look like in a gsheet format

The Payee table is just a normal table with columns for the Payee Name and Address fields.  I think you already have some such table since your Payee column in the Payable_PV table is a REF type column.

So all you need to do is add the additional columns for the Address fields.  Something like this:

Payee Table

NameAddressStreetCityStateZip
Ace Laser Printer Service??????????
Adobe??????????
Amazon???????? ??
AppSheet??????????
...more...............

When use these table entries as a Ref column, the key column value is what's saved into the Ref column as the raw data.  It is then used as a pointer to the row in the Payee table.  This is how the dereference expressions are able to get the values from the other columns.

Thank You so much for your help.   Sorry for late reply I wear a 100 hats where i work at.

Top Labels in this Space