App Script Html Dialog

Hi,

Is it possible at all to have a script in AppScript display any type of message or trigger a view to be opened? I have a script that runs after a form is submitted, and I want to be able to show a message if a certain criteria is achieved. I just need to display 1 sentence. Is there anyway I can do this? Whether it be through an html dialog or if I can trigger a view to be opened after the form is saved based on a certain criteria. If you need more details about what I am trying to do I can share the script I am currently using and my app.

Thank you!

0 7 260
7 REPLIES 7

Not directly from the script.  

AppSheet has recently announced the ability to use returned result from a script.  Check out this announcement for more details.   Maybe it will work in uyour case?

Thank you I will try it! Do you know if there is a way for it to return some sort of popup message? I haven't found much info on any HTTP integration other than webhooks. On one of my sheets I have a Modal Dialog popup that happens after a script is run is there anyway I can translate that over to appsheet? 

App Script cannot be run within the app. You cannot use App Script as you want with AppSheet.

I am trying to figure out some workarounds for this. I figured that if I just made it display a onboarding view which in the script sets the only value to one of the 2 choices depending on what criteria is met. The thing is that it opens the view too fast and the script doesn't update the table fast enough. So I thought I could set an action to open it but it is the same as opening the view when saved. I tried making a grouped action where it would open a random view and then open the onboarding view after but that didn't seem to work because it just stayed on the random view. Is there anyway for you to open 2 views in the same grouped action? Not sure how to make it progress past the first action. Thanks!!!!

In a grouped action, any actions following a navigation action or a delete action do not execute.

Thank you for the response!

Based on what I have described do you have any workarounds you think would work. Is there anything I can do to make the sheet sync after the form is submitted before opening the new view?

I'm not clear regarding what you're really trying to accomplish vs what you're trying as a workaround.

If you need to provide information to a mobile app user, consider Send a notification from an automation - AppSheet Help

Top Labels in this Space