App Template needed for data change actions

Hello, I was wondering if there is an app template that could show the: 

Use dynamic inputs for data change actions

Ultimately, I am trying to create a button that will upon pressed update a set of rows or all of the rows of a table to a new value and then have that change to trigger the creation of a report including all of the rows that were changed.

Solved Solved
0 9 198
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Of course you're right. Thanks alot that solved the problem.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Not sure if I'm over simplfying this but it sounds like you just need to create a suitable trigger for your bot.  Consider using a ChangeTimestamp column then set the trigger to [ChangeTimestamp Column]=Now()

Simon@1minManager.com

Thanks for replying to my inquiry.  The problem that I'm having is the template apps that show how to create the bulk actions are related to Appsheet before bots were introduced. 

When I create the button for the bot, it seems to associate to a row as opposed to the whole table.

I want to create the button to pull the records from the whole table regarding creating a report to loop thru.

I think youโ€™re asking about the beta INPUT() function. I donโ€™t know whether thereโ€™s a sample app. If you havenโ€™t already, search the community for discussions of that function for at least some information. 

Good Morning,

That I believe might be a good solution however, I have asked the community
and nothing has been suggested that helps me.
I just want to create a button that works on the whole table. Basically, I
want it to loop thru the whole table and produce a report that includes all
of the rows in a pdf report.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

--
Melvin Riley

What you want to do is produce a basic report. Read up on Automation.

Overview - AppSheet Help

Hi Steve,

I actually started with a basic report which I have no problems creating.
However, it's only when I drill into a row that my button shows up and I am
able to successfully produce a pdf report on a single row.

I want to produce that same pdf report with all of the rows using a button
before I drill into a single row.

That is where I'm having my challenge.

--
Malik

Hi Steve, I am trying to use the INPUT() function however,  upon usage of it, I get an error: 

image.png1.png

There may be other issues, but one detail you need to fix is to replace the brackets with parentheses. All AppSheet functions, including INPUT, use parentheses. Brackets designate columns.

Of course you're right. Thanks alot that solved the problem.

Top Labels in this Space