App Unable to Create / Save New Records

V-A
Silver 1
Silver 1

I've been using my AppSheet app for months.  Unexpectedly and with no changes to the app, the app no longer allows me to create new records.  I have adequate Google Drive storage capacity.  I've tried the app on desktop and mobile with the same result.

Experience:  I attempt to create a new row / record in the app and save the entry.

Outcome:  When the app syncs, the entry gets removed (I confirmed that it's not a sorting problem). Some new entries have images uploaded to them.  The outcome is the same with or without images.

Can someone help me troubleshoot?

Solved Solved
0 5 295
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

V-A
Silver 1
Silver 1

I contacted AppSheet support and was informed that this is a known problem where the AppSheet database fails to find a table.  With AppSheet support, I made a copy of the original database, linked it to the app, and only then was the database problem made clear.

AppSheet support noted that this sort of failure to create new rows however may have other causes for other apps.  AppSheet is working on a fix for the source of my bug.

In the meantime (as @Steve has noted elsewhere in this forum and I found later), migrating the data to Google Sheets is the only solution at the moment.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Das hatte ich auch schon mal. Bei mir war das Problem, dass "Schlüsselspalten" ohne Anfangswert "Uniqueid()" doppelte Werte enthielten!

Thanks for the suggestion.  My app has a single key column that is already set as "UNIQUEID()".  Was there anything else you tried that ultimately resolved the problem?

UniqueID is just a random ID. It is not checking the list if duplicates are present.

My key column with UniqueID has no duplicates when I check using Google Sheets "UNIQUE" function.  As a further test, I deleted the last saved row in the database (which would be the duplicate if any) before this problem began and attempted to create a new entry.  The outcome was the same.

V-A
Silver 1
Silver 1

I contacted AppSheet support and was informed that this is a known problem where the AppSheet database fails to find a table.  With AppSheet support, I made a copy of the original database, linked it to the app, and only then was the database problem made clear.

AppSheet support noted that this sort of failure to create new rows however may have other causes for other apps.  AppSheet is working on a fix for the source of my bug.

In the meantime (as @Steve has noted elsewhere in this forum and I found later), migrating the data to Google Sheets is the only solution at the moment.

Top Labels in this Space