App erroring when logged into Gmail

I have an app that works fine for me and one user, but fails in certain conditions for a second user.

The main table has a key like this:

Scott_Nesbitt_0-1674497211333.png

When the user is in incognito mode, or clears his cache and only logs into the app, it works fine. But if he first logs into Gmail, then opens the app, he gets this error:

Scott_Nesbitt_3-1674497328227.png

Any idea why being logged into Gmail affects the app?  (Yes, this is repeatable in his account, but nowhere else.)

Thanks

0 15 157
15 REPLIES 15

I did chat with support but he was unable to help me.  I do have more information thought:

I unhid the schedule ID field, then the user cleared cache and did not log into Gmail.  It worked fine (and he could see the scheule ID).  When he then logged into Gmail, the schedule ID disappeared and it stopped working.

Why would logging into Gmail make a field disappear in an AppSheet app?

It's any Gmail account or his email account?

When he logs into Google because the app requests it, everything works.  When he then opens Gmail, the app stops working.  He does not log into a personal Gmail account on this computer.

I'm sorry, I mean if this is with any Gmail account or specifically with his Gmail account. Because it may be something tied to just that email

Well, he only uses his work Gmail account on this machine.  So I don't know what to ask him to do.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I'd expect the Schedule ID column has an expression as its Initial value or App formula setting, or that it has a computed Valid If.

Right, Schedule Id has an Initial Value of UNIQUEID(), and no App formula or Valid If.

But that should not be a problem, correct?

Steve_0-1675440195657.png

Is this literally the very first view the user sees when opening the app? If so, how is the user opening the app? Or is the user navigating to this view after entering the app? If so, how is that navigation happening?

The question here is whether the user is navigating to the form view using a deep link or URL that tries to set the Schedule ID column value. If yes, that value overrides the Initial value-supplied value.

The user goes to this link.  This is the starting view logic:

IF(COUNT(SELECT(Schedule[Created By], [Created By] = USEREMAIL())) > 0,
"My Schedule_Detail",
"My Schedule_Form"
)

Since he has a record in the Schedule table, it opens My Schedule_Detail, and either shows the correct schedule if he is not logged into Gmail, or show the below error if he is logged in:

Scott_Nesbitt_0-1675443010393.png

I'm a little surprised the app does anything for a user who isn't logged in!

So the user _is_ authenticated, but just has not opened Gmail.  Failure steps:

1. Clear cache including cookies
  2. Paste in Appsheet app link
  3. Authenticate 
  4. App opens and runs fine
  5. Open Gmail
  6. App errors

Is this an "embedded app view"/"dynamic" email? If so, that feature seems to have lots of limitations, so I've never worked with it. You'd have to engage Support for help.

Send embedded app view email from an automation - AppSheet Help

Nope, I am not using dynamic email in this app. (I tried it in a different app and ran into some issues.)  This app is just a detail view and a form view.

I'm afraid I have no idea, then. Consider engaging Support.

Top Labels in this Space