App from GS to Excel

Hi,

I have a question about Google Sheets vs. Excel.

I have created an app for a client, its made on Google Sheets. But my client doesn't really like GS and he would rather have it on Excel. Is it possible to transfer all the date from Google Sheets to Excel and keep the whole app running on Excel sheet which is in my clients desktop? 

This might be a stupid one, but client really wanted me to ask ๐Ÿ˜„

0 2 97
2 REPLIES 2

Not possible. The data source must be stored in one of Appsheet's accepted cloud storage services, not a local file. You can store, and use, an Excel file in GDrive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.

Additional Notes: I recommend sticking to GSheets, as it works better with Appsheet than an Excel file. Typically, when you build an Appsheet app, users shouldn't be directly accessing the data source anymore, they should just be using the app, so it shouldn't really matter which data source you use in that regards.

Personally I don't (and wouldn't like to) use GSheets. But I echo Marc's words about the fact that 1) Your users/clients in general don't mind where the data is because 2) They shouldn't touch the backend data.

If it's about "I don't know how GSheets works, I'm familiar with Excel" kind of client, you have to explain him that he won't see the sheets ever (and, again, shouldn't). He just need to use the app.

If it's GSheets, Excel, SQL, it doesn't matter, it's a database now

Top Labels in this Space