App has stopped showing data on views

Hi all,

My app has stopped showing data on views created from the main table. I can't seem to find any issue inside the app. Has anyone else had this problem?

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 09.30.34.png

0 12 285
12 REPLIES 12

Is it reading data from the slice?

Hi Aleksi, thanks so much for the reply. No unfortunately not. Any particular reason why this would happen (it was working fine before).

There can be many reasons why it doesn't show the data. Key column is blank, security filter or slice is filtering the data, wrong data source or you have lot of blank rows on your table. Without seeing the app and data source, it's a little bit difficult to say.

Dear Aleksi,

May I give you access to the app to see what has gone wrong? I haven't been to AppSheet for a long while and things appear to have changed so much. I would be grateful if you could kindly have a peek and let me know what I could do to correct this problem. Clearly, I have lost touch with my app as I've not dabbled in AppSheet for a long while (my team in Sri Lanka is maintaining the database and they noted that it's not showing data on the app in the slices - they have no access to the app's backend either, so not sure why this happened out of the blue). Is there a secure way that I can give you access? Thanks again for the reply.

Please send a personal message.

Sorry for sounding daft, but may I know how to send you a personal message here? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Or can I email it to you or something? Happy to be guided by you.

Also, may I ask if this app issue is because mine is a free app? I noted AppSheet has made changes to the plans and that only up to 1000 rows can be used in 1 app if it's free (which is sad). The database has over 3000 entries already. So I'm not sure if that's the reason why the app is behaving like this. The app still records data when I input data, just that it just doesn't appear on slices. 

Thanks very much for your help.

The reason is not the subscription or data amount. Open my community profile and send a personal/direct message from there.

Aleksi, I'm not sure how to send a personal message on your community profile as I can't see such an option in your profile, nor can I see an option in mine. Apologies.

You should see something like this..

AleksiAlkio_0-1704992982631.png

All I'm seeing is this. Very strange.Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 17.16.07.png

What is your email?

(PII removed by Staff)

Just saw your reply.

Top Labels in this Space