App is very slow due to Reference + Select() Virtual Column Computation. How can I improve this?

Hi All,

Looking for recommendations to improve my implementation, my Reference + Select() is causing wildly slow load time.s

I have a users in a database.

I have a database for each of four different healthcare sectors. Each row is a site or provider. Tables include up to 15k different providers. Some of the tables have a lot of columns for data affiliated with each site. Data is spliced so that not all columns need to be loaded depending on the view. 

I have an enumlist list base type of reference set up where users update what sites they are affiliated with. Currently have 215 users. There are user profiles and site profiles. User profiles shows what sites they work at. Each site profile has a list of affiliated users. 

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 11.45.26โ€ฏAM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-16 at 11.47.46โ€ฏAM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-16 at 11.47.59โ€ฏAM.png

0 3 154
3 REPLIES 3

Would referencing slices reduce the workload therefore improving the computation time?

237 columns?  Multiplied by 15,000 rows?

Even though Sheets allows for 10 Million cells, I would suspect it would be getting very slow even at half that amount.  Are you loading every single one of those rows at app launch?

I don't think so? The application should only load the tables when navigating to a view with that info from my understanding. I have a navigation table view that they select services from to open the view/table associated.  

Top Labels in this Space