App issues

So I have a ongoing issue with a live app.  It is a time sheet app, custom build.   The issue is that some how when people get in the app it seems to use last weeks settings when they input their first set of data.   So it puts in the wrong work code and work data.  It seems like the data is waiting to sycn.  We pause the app for 2 days.  then when turn back on.  We ask the users to refresh before they do anything, but almost every time, some data comes in with the last pay period data that is input by coding formulas, not user input.   Is there a force refresh or another option?

0 5 101
5 REPLIES 5

it seems to use last weeks settings when they input their first set of data.

What exactly does that mean? How does it "use last weeks settings"? Are there expressions that are looking things up based on the current date? What are the expressions used?

Is 'sync on start' option turned on?

Why are you pausing the app? Are you doing that regularly?

a couple columns pulls data from a couple different sheets, pay period, invoice number which are update at the end of each pay period.  and should pull correctly at beginning of next pay period.  almost every time, the one or two peoples first entry in the previous pay period and invoice number.    I assume it is because they have data waiting to sync or the add data before refreshing.  

sync on start is on

why pause:  to keep use from trying to put in data after cutoff time for turning in time.

at end of pay period for 1 day.  

Are any users possibly not syncing completely before closing their app on Friday evening, and thus those syncs aren't happening until monday morning? Delayed sync option turned on?

possibly, delayed sync options is turned off.  

I don't believe that's an appropriate usage of the pause app feature, and wouldn't be surprised if it's influencing this issue that you're seeing.

I'd also suggest some additional user training to ensure that they are syncing their apps completely at the beginning and end of each day.

Top Labels in this Space