App not working- a message that an update is available

Hi everyone,
A few weeks ago, my app stopped working on both Android and IOs devices, saying “App update available – Update the app to access the latest set of features by contacting the app owner or open the app in a browser (limited features)”.
To update my app, I created a branded version of the app for both Android and IOs, however, when I upload the Appbundle to Google Play Console, I am getting the following error
Your Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Ensure that your App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again. Your App Bundle is expected to be signed with the certificate with fingerprint:
SHA1: 24:D3:8A:13:5A:87:4A:96:16:A3:98:6E:E0:30:C9:0A:BB:D4:AC:53
but the certificate used to sign the App Bundle you uploaded has a fingerprint:
SHA1: 0C:05:43:3E:99:57:C2:1D:7E:BE:E3:FF:FE:42:19:B2:E3:14:4B:9B
I can't also create a branded version of the app for IOs.
I need to have my app up and running as soon as possible, what should I do? Can you help me? Thanks!

0 3 373
3 REPLIES 3

I got this on mine.  On andoid it seems to be just a case of answering some questions. 

I answered all the questions and it's still not working. How did you fix your app? Thanks!

Hi @Rafaela_Gutierr,

I assume (and hope) you already solved the problem, but will answer it just in case anyone else run into this: You are probably seeing this Playstore error because you are trying to use an app bundle to update an app that was originally uploaded as an APK.  

When you create a new branded version of your app we send you both an APK and an app bundle. If you originally uploaded the app as an APK (which is the case for all apps there were first uploaded to the playstore before August 2021) use the APK files for all subsequent updates. If you originally uploaded the app as an app bundle, or if it's a completely new app, use the app bundle.
For more details see this article

Top Labels in this Space