App sending notification when a date is today

Hello everyone! I made an app to track vehicle parking locations and street cleaning. I have the data separated by the 5 days of the week. I want a bot to notify me or the users when the day of the week selected is the current day of the week.

0 6 145
6 REPLIES 6

You will want to use the WEEKDAY() function

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357328-weekday

Yes I tried that. However, under conditional formatting rules, It will only allow a yes or no and the result is numeric, I want appsheet to always highlight the current day of the week. I have a list of logs tagged at different days of the week. I need it to highlight the log containing the current day of the week only. Can that be done? Thanks!

Yes it can be done.  You will need to build it.  

I would create a small table, WeekDays,  that has,  Weekday Number and Weekday Name columns where the number corresponds to the number returned by the WEEKDAY() function.  Set the Label of the table to the Weekday Name.  Use this table as a Ref column  for the user to choose their preferred Day of the Week.  User will see the name BUT the column will store the number.

Then to filter your logs you would include a portion of your expression to be similar to:

...[Chosen Weekday] = WEEKDAY([Log Date])...

I hope this helps!

That was extremely Helpful, let me attach some images to see if I can get this done without burning out my brains. Below is what the appsheet looks like; for example today is monday, I want it to highlight the monday red, tomorrow it's tuesday and I want it to highlight tuesday. The rule is for the app to only highlight the current day of the week and nothing else, will the same solution apply?

parkingimage.PNG

Yes same basic concept applies.

Change your Cleaning Day column to be a Ref type column to your new Weekdays table as described above - don't forget to set the Label column to the Seekday Name. 

If you wish the update to work with the existing rows, you will need to go into your datasource and update the Cleaning Day column to the day numbers Monday should be updated to 2, Tuesday updated to 3 and so on.

Now in your Format Rule,where you are setting the color to Red, you can use a condition like:

[Cleaning Day] = Weekday(TODAY())

It still doesn't work, I must be doing something wrong, I am very thankful nonetheless, thank you for helping me, I'll keep trying!

Top Labels in this Space