App size limit

I have an app we've been using for about 2 years now, and the department it serves is growing by leaps and bounds.  I'm concerned it may get to be "too big" and start to fail.  Appsheet documentation (vaguely) states the overall compressed data size is limited to 5-10Mb (quite the spread!)... If I download the google sheets this app uses as a compressed zip file it's just shy of 3mb on disk.  Is this an accurate way of accounting for this?   Is there a way for me to get a "read" on exactly how big Appsheet "thinks" my whole dataset is?  I need to know if I should be planning to migrate to a different platform because they expect to continue to double in size year-over-year.  Thank you!

2 2 131
2 REPLIES 2

This post is useful to me.  My app is very stable on my computer and on newer devices but I've noticed that it sometimes restarts unexpectedly when I use it on an old iPhone 6.  The range you indicated "5-10Mb" may be somewhat device dependent --> 5 is too much for an iPhone 6 but not for newer more powerful models.

By the way, I downloaded my Google spreadsheet (collection of all of the pages) as an Excel spreadsheet and it was 4.8 Mb.  It has gotten large because I have accumulated data using the app over the years.  When I share the app with others as a template it will be smaller -- a little less than 3 Mb.  I would like to make the basic spreadsheet collection even smaller but the functionality I wanted as taken me to this size.  

Top Labels in this Space