App to Fill out External Website form

I have a website employees have to fill out for support on phones.  (Issue is employees not filling out form correctly)  I want to make an app they can only choose from drop down menus, and have it then fill out the form to the external website for submit.  Is this possible to make an app that fills out a website form?

0 2 48
2 REPLIES 2

Maybe. First you might want to identify why or how is it possible the web form is not filled out correctly in the first place. Is the web form a Google Form, Survey Monkey, something similar? I can tell you that if the web form is a Google Form, then yes you could implement an Appsheet app that on create a new record you can implement a bot that does a webhook or Google Script with a post request to the form. Seems redundant though.

Most forms use a post command to send the form data to the system for storing/processsing.  If the form does not include a captcha, you might be able to replicate the correct form submission url and the send the response from your app.    If the form in question is yours, that's a great starting point.  If it's not, you will need to inspect the form page to learn the field names and the submission url.  Once you know the page url and the form field names, you can probably construct a URL and test it by pasting it into a browser.  Good luck

Top Labels in this Space