App uses different code definition depending on the user account

Hello.

I developed an app for a customer and when the first version was ready, I transferred its ownership to him while being kept as a code editor for further work.

After the transfer, he copied the google workbook used and with my assistance changed all the app's data references to the new workbook. The app is a public one, so no signin is required.

Now he can use and edit the app, but something strange happened. When I try to access the app with my work account as a user or an editor, I receive several errors that the old workbook is not accessible anymore (it was deleted after the references were removed). But when I access the app with my personal account as a user, everything works fine.

What happened? This looks like an appsheet bug.

Thanks!

0 8 133
8 REPLIES 8

Hi fabiano,

Try to log in - log out.

I did that. I even deleted the entire local history, cookies, etc and tried again. Same results.

I also asked the new app owner to remove me from the editor's list so I would become just a regular user for testing. Same results.

Any chance the one of your table's Access mode option is set to "As app user"? If it is, change it to "as app creator"

Another reason could be that you are using a stable version, which is not set to the latest.

If that was the case, shouldn't all users experience problems? My personal account works fine.

Try to edit the app with another editor account and see what happens.

We just tried editing code with another user's account in a different computer and had the same bad results. The app still tries to access the original google sheets.

To circumvent this problem, I will undelete the old workbook, transfer it to the new app owner and restore the data references back to it. Hopefully this will work.

Anyway this seems like a serious bug; not data loss, but it prevents data references from ever changing. Does anyone know how to file a bug with Google?

Top Labels in this Space