App working OK on desktop but on mobile the columns are not sync'd!

One of my apps is not working correctly on mobile devices - Columns 1-3 on the spreadsheet table are displaying correctly in the app but it's then almost like the data from column 4 is being missed and the app is putting the data from column 5 into column 4, 6 into 5 and so on.

This is only affecting mobile devices and the data shows up in the right columns when looked the app is run in a browser.

Any thoughts as I'm just about to sign a client up!!!

0 2 342
2 REPLIES 2

It sounds like that version of the app on the mobile device may have been outdated when that first entry was made.  In other words, a new column was added to the app but the mobile device was not Synced before adding a new row causing data fields to be placed into the wrong columns.

If I am right, once you saved that row, a sync was performed and would have updated the app definition.  Row entries afterwards will be fine.

You can check the App Version on the mobile device by tapping the About side Menu option.  the App Version will be displayed at the very bottom of the About view.

Please try adding another row to see if it enters fine and also compare the app version on the mobile device with the latest in the Editor.

Nope, the table that was causing the issue cannot be edited from the app at all.

All I can think is that moving a column in this table has somehow caused a problem (no column names were changed either) - but that wouldn't explain why it was working OK on the PC but not on the mobile. 

Anyway, I made a copy of the spreadsheet then renamed the original, then renamed it back to what it originally was and everything is working again.

It almost seems like the mobile app wasn't syncing fully - but the pc and mobile app versions were the same.

Weird, and I hope my client still goes for it.... talk about bad timing!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Top Labels in this Space