AppSheet BOT or Email server is down?

In the last 30 mins, we keet trying to “test” the bot which is to send email and have been working fine is not longer working. We do not receive emai l at all.
Not sure if the problem is email delivery service of AppSheet or Automation. But the BOT is not working for mail and file generation for the moment.

Is anyone seeing the same problem?

@Takuya_Miyai
@Steve
@Aleksi

Solved Solved
3 17 420
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This sort of problem often occurs when someone’s app sends a LOT of email in a short span of time, creating a backlog. The system slowly works its way through the backlog and things return to normal.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

@tsuji_koichi

I have tried it with three different accounts, Enterprise, Core, and Free, and all of them are no longer sending emails.

We tested with our production app, where ex.workflow is still alive to send mail with attachment.
But unfortunately, all of the apps are down now. Not working…

Hi,
For me is working with gmail, but take bit time.

Thank you for sharing. It is possible the server location might bring difference.
Still we do not receive any email for the last few hours.

Dion

I’m so glad I’m not the only one here. I got delayed email, and then can no longer receive email afterwards :’)

Now we slowly started to receive mails after few hours delay. …

Same. I received more than 10 emails almost at the same time due to multiple tries before

@tsuji_koichi
@Dion
@Mouldi_Zeghouani

I gradually started to receive old test emails too.
(It had NOW() in the subject line.)

Similar issue here in UK.

I have a bot that sends 5 seperate emails. Ran on schedule at 0605 this morning - 5 emails received. Manually ran - 3 emails. Manually ran again - 1 email, Manually ran again 5 email Last 3 was withint the last hour or so

Thanks for sharing.

We may need to wait for US to wake up.

In the meantime, BOT seems to be super buddy now…

Especially, BOT to run AppSheet api is not really working at all.

Just in case this helps. I have been able to add rows using Webhook in back up parent as well as child table. This is in a test app. The response seems to be quick. But this is just record add operation and not emails being sent through the BOT.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@tsuji_koichi @Takuya_Miyai @Dion @1minManager

Is this still a problem?

Escalated.

Nope, I think the problem has already been solved on my side here, for the time being. Hopefully there’s no problem later on.

This sort of problem often occurs when someone’s app sends a LOT of email in a short span of time, creating a backlog. The system slowly works its way through the backlog and things return to normal.

Yeah if only I knew someone who last week had accidentally sent 16000 emails by choosing “for each row” instead of the entire table

Thanks @Steve

Yes, it seems to be recovering in my environment.
By the way, there was a delay in transmission of up to 6 hours.
(A message sent at 3:16 PM JST arrived at 9:12 PM JST.)

@tsuji_koichi

Top Labels in this Space