AppSheet Bulk Actions -

Hello.

I am having an issue in getting consistency on the bulk action buttons to appear.

I have an app with 2 tables reservations, and Checkinout

on reservations, I have two behavious (actions)

Check In - > "add new row to a different table" (check in).

Check Out -> "execture an action on a  set of rows" (add a checkout date to the row of the linked check-in)

When I go into bulk edit mode, the "check out" option appears (to be executed on multiple rows, but the "check-in" option does not.

Not sure and i can't find where to see the error is.

I would like to be able to bulk action both action.

select a set of reservations, and check in... or check out...

where should i look? 

why are both not appearing?

thanks

0 5 340
5 REPLIES 5

I think that what you are trying to do doesn't makes a lot of sense to me.

Please don't take it wrong, I'm just saying I don't see the way AppSheet could do it.

If the check in relies on add a new row to another table and you are using values from the current row, AppSheet would need a way to make X number of new rows based on the X number of rows you selected.

Please explain us a little bit better what is your use case for a bulk check in and what what the Check in does

ok. i'll try to clarify.

I have a set of reservations.

when a group of visitors arrive, I want to bulk check the reservations, and "check-in" thoses reservations. (an entry is added to the table "CHECKINOUT" for each row in reservation)

that CHECKINOUT table is then used to open other services from other linked apps etc..

When I have a group of people leaving, I want to update the "CHECKINOUT" table and add a "checkout date" for the assciated rows.

In the CHECKINOUT table i have the ref ID of the reservations (ID, ID RESA, CHECKINDATE, CHECKOUTDATE,....)

The action is linked to the "reservations" table, as i was to use the "bulk update" (the date in both cases, is NOW()

does this make more sense?

thanks

My current issue, is that the actions don't apprear in the "bult action" mode (well , the check out action does, but not the check in action...) 

If my idea of how to do this in appsheet is ill-conceived then i will adapt.

a part of my question was, how to ensure the actions butons appear in "bulk action mode"...

Thanks

Make sure that Check In action have a Condition that applies to all of the rows.

BTW, can you check if the Check In action is available to just one row on select mode. Try selecting a row that have the Check In action available on detail view

@SkrOYC Thank for your help. I decided to review my data model. Instead of using a seperate table, I included the columns in the original reservations table. the bulk actions now apear and work fine.

Top Labels in this Space