AppSheet Conditional Views

WRA
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Total newbie here, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I am attempting my first app which will be used for facility inspections.  I have multiple types of facilities and for each type there is a specific set of inspection criteria.  The goal is to allow user selection of a facility type and to then have that selection drive the which inspection form/view is available for completion.   Essentially I want the inspection view to be conditional based on facility type.

Data is all in Google Sheets with separate tabs for each set of inspection criteria and a master tab with all facilities including type.

0 3 497
3 REPLIES 3

I think this article might be what you are looking for.

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngMulti-Page Forms with Conditional Branching

How to create more complex forms in your app.

Thank you for asking, and I apologize for my delayed response.  Spent a couple of days dealing with Covid!  The article definitely provided some insight, but I have not been able to really solve my problem.  I am having difficulty understanding how to apply the info in the article to my particular situation.  Again, I am new to this and it is far from my area of expertise as a semi-retired Civil Engineer.

The first piece of my app is intended to build an inventory of facilities which are mapped.  This inventory includes a facility type.  Once this inventory is built within a community it will be relatively stagnant with limited additions.  [I have this working well]

The intent of the second part of the app is to have the user select a facility from the existing map and then based on the facility type have a specific inspection type become available.

My specific struggles are:

1) Physically selecting a facility from the map other than to edit that facility in its native table.

2) Having a specific inspection form then appear for that facility.

Currently I can select a facility from the map.  Once selected I can edit the facility in its native table and see a list of all related tables.  The related table include all inspection types. 

Ok I think I understand a little better now, it is not that you want the form to look or behave differently based on the selected facility, you actually want to jump to a different form. I'm going to suggest another article in the help documentation.

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngApp Column Type (Deep Link)
 Learn how to use deep links to navigate to another view in the same app, or in another app.

What I would imagine is that you create a link or action on the facility view (presumably the detailed or form view which displays when you click on the map). The link would be of type LINKTOFORM and you would use conditional statements to determine which form is linked or which link is shown. Clicking the link would open the specific inspection form and could pass across the facility ID.

Top Labels in this Space