AppSheet Database Update from CSV

I have a CSV provided quarterly with updated values in specific columns. I would like to bulk update rows with matching key values for specific matching columns without changing other columns in the database- and adding rows where there isnโ€™t a matching key. Is this possible?

0 3 51
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I really don't know. Maybe, if you upload the file in a temp table and then program bot to update / insert value  in the table you want. then delete the temp table values for the next quarterly.

I have a similar use case and I tried the Bot approach. It failed. The automation logs gave me the impression that i was overloading things. Now i was playing in a free account with a csv of over 8000 rows..

I ended up doing as noted above. I loaded the csv in to a temp table, provided button to a view that had all rows selected and then from there an action to update each row

I have not tested this, but the CSV upload feature handles this use case I think. So if your CSV file includes the existing row keys for rows that might need to be updated, and has an empty slot for the key value for rows that need to be added. Furthermore, only columns that have an updated value in the CSV file should be getting updated. I think you should possibly try this for testing purposes.

Top Labels in this Space